Biography and Notes
Her husband's first cousin, 3rd daughter of Antony Gibbs of Tyntesfield. Baptised 15 May 1887 at Wraxall, Somerset.
Assistant Commandant of Red Cross Hospital
Chippenham, 1917-18. On the Rural District Council of Long Ashton, Somerset, from 1925; on the Board of Guardians of same, 1925-30; Vice-Chairman of Guardians Area Committee from 1930. Member of Somerset County Nursing Assn. since 1929; on the Exec. Committee of Somerset Federation of Women's Institutes from 1924 (Vice-Chairman, 1929-30); a Trustee of St. Michael's Home aforesaid from 1929; member of Council of St. Monica Home of Rest afsd. President of the Clevedon Branch of Somerset Welfare of Women and Girls.
Travelled round the world, 1910; S. America, 1911; India and Canada, 1912.
1938 First County Commandant A.T.S. for Somerset. During the Second World War, Barrow Court became a convalescent hospital for soldiers (1940) under the Red Cross and she was the Commandant. In 1947 Barrow Court was let to the combined Dioceses of Bath and Wells, Gloucester and Bristol, as an adjunct of Fishponds St. Matthias' Diocesan Training College for church school teachers, and she and her husband bought Attadale in Wester Ross, where they lived until 1952, and thereafter at South Cerney, Glos.
After her husband's death in 1960, she moved to Sheldon Manor and lived in the converted outbuildings.
Portraits: min. by Cosway Co. (1911); oil (1930) by T. Binney Gibbs, both last in possession of her son Major Antony Gibbs