Biography and Notes
Baptised 8 July 1890 at St. Saviour's, Pimlico. 1st daughter of Henry Percy St. John (died 1921); a Principal Clerk in the House of Lords, for whom see Bolingbroke in Burke's 'Peerage') by Maude Louise, daughter of Hon. Pascoe Ch. Glyn, for whom see Wolverton in Burke's 'Peerage'. Buried at Barrow.
A Trustee of St. Michael's Home, Cheddar from 1928. Indefatigable worker in many social spheres. For many years, while living at Easton Grey, she was a leading organiser of Malmesbury Hospital. A keen and able Conservative politician in the Chippenham Division, she was the mainstay first to Sir Victor Cazalet M.P. and then from 1943-62 to Mr. David Eccles, M.P. (now Lord Eccles). In the Second World War she kept the Constituency going by her own endeavours in her official capacities of Treasurer and then Chairman. She also ran a canteen at Badminton for H.M. Queen Mary's Guard and other soldiers stationed in the neighbourhood. An enthusiastic and
Died 29 September 1964.
Portrait: In pastel by Miss Broughton, in possession of Mrs. H. P. St. John in 1932, present whereabouts unknown.