Biography and Notes
1st daughter of George Louis M. Gibbs. Baptised at St. John's, Paddington.
In the Great War she served on the Executive committee of a Belgian Refugee Hostel in Gloucester Road, Kensington, and on various committees (dependents, comforts, etc.) connected with the "Post Office Rifles". When living at Newland she was chairman of the Local Association and District President of the West Forest Association of Girl Guides, on the Committee of the Coleford District Nursing Association, church-warden of Newland and delegate to the Diocesan Conference. She and her husband lived at 40 Clanricarde Gdns. (Bayswater), Kensington, 1895-1902; 9 Wimbledon Park Road, Wandsworth, 1902-9; 79 Cornwall Gdns., Kensington, 1910-23; The Dower House, Newland, Glos., 1923-31, in which parish his family had been settled since 1837; 10 Sheen Gate Gdns., East Sheen, Surrey, 1931.
Crayon portrait by Eddis (1888) last in her own possession.